APTA HIP SYSTEM
A comprehensive anatomical primary hip stem
- Available both in a modular neck (Apta stem) as well as in a monolithic (Apta-Fix stem) design.
- Cementless and cemented versions are as well available both in the modular and monolithic neck design.
- All options share the same stem body design and sizing
- The Apta system stems feature an anatomical shape designed to follow the natural femoral shape and fill the bone metaphysis.
- Cementless stems are made of Titanium alloy. Their proximal 1/3 surface is Ti plasma sprayed, while the entire stem body is then HA coated.
- Cemented stems are made of Stainless Steel (Apta-Fix stem) or in Titanium alloy (Apta stem) with a mirror finished surface.
SIZES AND SURGICAL TECHNIQUE
- Modular and monolithic stems share the same sizing: sizes 1 to 8, left and right with progressive grown.
- The modular stem (Apta Stem) features the Modula® SF modular neck system, allowing for independent adjustment of offset (three options), leg length (three options) and version.
- The monolithic stem (Apta-Fix stem) features two neck geometries (offset) options for each stem body size.
- Modular and monolithic stem options, cemented and cementless are completely interchangeable and share the same surgical technique and instrumentation.